12/16/2010

The Bible in 139 Days

|


Recently I was challenged to read the Bible in its entirety before the end of the year. That left me with 139 days. I decided to read it Chronologically (or rather historically by date). Periodically as I’m reading I will bookmark some verses that I think are worth sharing.

Well... it's not gonna happen. I'm behind. WAY behind. To be honest some of the reasons were factors beyond my control. But that's only a small portion of it. Here are a few things I've learned about myself during this process.

1) I prefer reading paper instead of iPhone. I can read faster that way.
2) I do however like the instant ability to 'bookmark' a verse for later discussion.
3) The Old Testament repeats things very often and it repeats things very often.
4) Reading the entire Bible in 139 days is harder than it seems. (Typically 5-7 chapters a day)
5) Chronological reading (while neat) is very confusing if you miss a day or two.

I'm not giving up. I'm going to recalculate my reading plan and probably switch to some other method but I'm pressing on!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too need to "press on". i started a process where u begin at genesis and read a few chapters each day. well, i have not finished and that's been well over a year. i much prefer to read the new testament, but i am slacking in that area as well. someone that did finish all the way through told me he just read a couple of chapters each morning before he went to work- he finished. he might have been at it longer than a year, but does that really matter?

denise b

Subscribe